June 22, 2015

Week 2: Dare to Dream

How exciting this week challenge is dare to dream. Oh boy, who doesn't have dreams? Ever since I started my teaching journey I have always know that I was meant to do big things.as time passes these big dreams of mines are always shifting and being modify. Over the years I have learned ( I sound like if I'm 100 years old) that dreams drive me to continue my adventures and reach my goals that I set for myself. So what are my dreams? What are my goals in this journey as an author, seller and teacher?

The first thing that came immediately to my mind was my student debt! Oh that loan that no matter what happens, its like a pesky a little fly. Ever since finishing grad school, I have slowly started to pay if of. Every month seems like a struggle though. Even though I'm very grateful for the opportunity to go to school and continue to go. I felt that I went in to college unprepared. Not until I was in the shuffle and struggle did I learn the important of savings and planning. So one of my big dress is to pay off those loans in order to start achieve financial freedom.

In the topic of financial freedom comes the dream of living a simple life. Now living a simple I feel is a style of living that at times seems to be impossible when I start to look around. Living a simple life includes how I live, how I think and what I do. Financial freedom from debt among other things I feel will simplify somewhat of the process.

And of course I can't forget to dream about fixing my little cozy nook. I love my house and the freedom that it has brought me. But it doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to see finally some kitchen cabinets up and a counter. Yep, you have heard it straight, I  live in house without a kitchen. Well I have an outside kitchen, so I guess that counts! We have recently moved in to a house about seven months ago. The process has been slow but we are getting there. Even though it needs some cosmetic changes here and there, I wouldn't trade the peace and comfort I have now. But adding a kitchen would be nice as well!

Last but not least, I would love to travel. I love seeing the world around me and learning about new cultures. I am a fanatic of culture and history. I love seeing how different people live and partake in their everyday living. I am amazed and always curious about their history. One of my goals is to see the seven wonders of the world. Traveling is always exciting, fun and costly. Maybe starting out small would be a good idea for now!

There you have it folks, my tiny but not so little dreams. What are some of your dreams as you have embarked on this TPT journey? Join in the conversation by linking up !


Sparkling in Second
Peppy Zesty Teacherista


9 comments:

Stephanie Bradshaw said...

I love that you write about living a "simple life". I think that's so important and yet so elusive. By the way, I love your blog design-your banner is beautiful!
Stephanie
Applelight Moments By Stephanie

Calandra De Gourville said...

Paying student loans....YESSS!!! LOL
I've also taught PreK and now I'm on to K...I thought about doing the Montessori training for lower elementary. I am trying to find a Montessori school for my two year old to attend now!!!

http://itspandamaniainprek.blogspot.com/

Molly Stahl said...

I hear ya on the loans! I am ALMOST completely paid off but then I married a boat load of debt (love my hubs, though). I can't even imagine what no student loan payment feels like!!

The Sassy Sub

Mindy Thomas said...

How do you function without a kitchen? I'd go broke because that would be the PERFECT excuse for me to eat out for every meal!
I have an idea - let's write a petition that all teachers have student loan debt erased! Almost every blog I have read has this SAME dream! Man! I wish we were all debt free from our student loans! But, I have to remember, it's those loans that have allowed me to have the job I always dreamed of having. Know what I mean?
Good luck with your TPT goals. How long have you been a TPT seller? Will you be at the Vegas conference?
Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments

Leslie Tally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie Tally said...

Oh, I love your aspirations for simple living! You're right; it's an elusive lifestyle, but so worth pursuing! Beautiful goals here… I hope you reach them all!

~Leslie
The Tally Tales

Vanessa Mejia said...

Thanks Leslie!

Vanessa Mejia said...

Thank you all for your comments! For some reason I cannot reply back to any of your comments individually.

Teaching Doodles said...

Wow, I hope you get a working inside kitchen soon!

Teaching Doodles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...